Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Unsure about my future?

Hey guys, I have a serious topic to discuss.

I am a junior in high school and got 1 more year until graduation. I am going to take my first SAT test in March, and I am def not ready for that. Because the last PSAT I took in last October was completely garbage. Although my math score was average (personally), which was 630, my critical reading score was only 380. I have tons of SAT books to practice but I just can’t get into the routine of doing them. Even if I do, they may not help much.

That means I may not be eligible for a 4-year college because my CR score ruins it, despite I have a current GPA of 4.0. So I start to think about my life after high school. My parents say if I can’t get in 4-year college, they may want me to attend a technical school to learn bartending or French cooking. But guess what, going to tech school is like sending me to hell somehow, no matter what I am majoring in.

Also, I start to have a strong passion toward sports lately, esp. soccer/association football after noticing Portugal footballer Cristiano Ronaldo. The only problem is I am too late for joining my school soccer team even if I start next year. What I mean by that is it will take a long time for me to develop my skills when comparing to those people who’ve already started when they were very young.

I try not to think negatively but I can’t force myself to be optimistic either. I keep thinking “what if…..” and it can never get out of my mind. And I know time will never be bought back, so I often encourage myself to start off a clean slate and just do it.

I really wish my grandfather, who pasted away when I was only 2, could come into my dream and tell me what to do. But I don’t think it’s going to happen even I don’t really believe the idea that ghosts/spirits don’t exist at all.

Please help me out guys, I sincerely wish to receive some advices! Thank you!Unsure about my future?
Personally, I sucked out on the SATs, especially in critical reading, but I scored high on the math. If you have a 4.0 there is still a good chance to still get into college. If I were you I would still be working hard to bring that SAT score up, but what you can also do is look into the ACT test, it is slightly different in the fact that the ACT is more straight forward than the SAT. It all depends on what school you want to go to. Just try your hardest and being a little optimistic is sometimes good. Also you can try a SAT prep some people really respond well to this

No comments:

Post a Comment