Saturday, January 14, 2012

Are there ways round the UK Airsoft Retailers Association registration or having to buy a gun with paint on it?

A few year back I got into UK Airsoft but I tore the ligaments in my knee playing football, needed an operation and had to stop going.



I was wanting to get back into it now I've recovered from my operation and started looking to buy an AEG, when I saw: "All our guns can be painted in Two-Tone at no extra charge for non-registered players. Send your UKARA registration form into us and we guarantee to have it online and active the very same day."



In order to be registered you must join a UKARA site (拢20 - 拢40), you must have played there at least 3 times (拢20 (to play) + 拢15 (gun hire) x 3) before your UKARA form is stamped, signed and you can buy a AEG without stupid green paint all over it....?



Is this right? and if so why do I have to pay 拢100+ before I buy my own gun?



Are there ways round this or am I allowed to just paint my gun once I get the daft 1 with paint all over it?



Thanks, Ben.Are there ways round the UK Airsoft Retailers Association registration or having to buy a gun with paint on it?
Not really no.



While being UKARA registered isn't legally mandatory, you aren't entitled to the skirmisher's defence to the Violent Crime Reduction Act unless you're a regular skirmisher on a site with public liability insurance. The three games in more than 2 months required for UKARA registration is the generally accepted minimum for eligibility.



Anybody over 18 can buy a two-tone gun though, so you could get one of those and use it for your first few games. That way you can avoid paying rental fees fro your first few games until you're eligible to get realistic guns.



Painting an unrealistic imitation in realistic colours is counted as manufacturing a realistic imitation, which is illegal under the VCRA. However, once you've got a few games under your belt (again, being UKARA registered isn't mandatory - just convenient!) you're entitled to a defence to the Act which will allow you to legally paint your two-tone gun in realistic colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment